Friday, April 29, 2011

Mother Monarch!

HAPPY ROYAL WEDDING DAY!!!
Wow! What a wonderful wedding. It was simply classic and romantic, very regal.  I do miss Princess Diana, and I am sure she is smiling down on her handsome son Prince William today no doubt, but I would have to say that I think that the Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Catherine, will serve him well.

I do believe the Bishop stated it best during his sermon,
"All weddings are Royal, because we are all sons and daughters of the Creator".
That really brought the all of society on the same level. 

As my boys were leaving for school today, and they saw that I was watching this grand day in history, they looked at me like I had grown an extra nose on my face! "Mom, what's so special about this?" My 13 year old son questioned. I gasped! Are you serious!? I explained "This is the wedding of the future King of England and a wedding like this just doesn't happen every day." In his innocence he responded..."He's not my King, I live in the US." Laugh Out Loud!!! True.
But part of me can't help but think about how it wasn't really all that long ago that the US would have been a lot more connected to the Monarchy of England. 

Roughly 236 years ago and when you think of how old just the Westminster Abbey itself is, it really puts it in perspective. With this said, I believe respect should be given to Mother Monarch, after all even if we the people of the United States of America are separated from Mother England, much like a child who leaves his/her mother for married life, the Royals are very much the root of our country. It is only right that we should partake in the excitement and celebration of this very special day. 

Long live the Queen and God Bless the newlywed Royals; Prince William and Princess Kate!
~ Season Ready Home ~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment